Forum Discription: For how-to's and where-can-I-find
URL: http://www.communitytheater.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3036
Printed Date: 4/28/24 at 8:56pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 8.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Beauty and teh Beast props
Posted By: Tony B
Subject: Beauty and teh Beast props
Date Posted: 3/11/08 at 6:22pm
Hi, I am working with a community group of kids in Acton MA (8 to 18 year olds) performing Beauty and the Beast. We need reasonably priced props for our show.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Tony

Replies:
Posted By: gaftpres
Date Posted: 3/21/08 at 4:34pm
try www. tracytheatreoriginals.com  they rent out costumes by the individual piece rather then the entire show. I have used them before and they are very easy to work with for costumes and props.

-------------
Old volunteers never die, they just get recycled!

Posted By: kydramagirl
Date Posted: 3/28/08 at 3:16am
We may have maurice's invention, I would have to go through my board for any definates, I'll try to get you some photo's of it, I think it turned out pretty awsome, but it's been in the props room for a couple of years. Just let me know if you're interested in seeing it, and we'll go from there!

-------------
Panda " And all that jazz"

Date Posted: 3/28/08 at 5:12am
Thank you very much for the recommendation, I'll give them a try.

Date Posted: 3/28/08 at 5:13am
I'd love to see pictures. We have very little yet.

Thank you

Posted By: mickey
Date Posted: 4/02/08 at 10:01am
 I asked the editor of the New England Entertainment Digest if she knew of anyone near you that has done B&tB recently. She replied "Marblehead Little Theater AND Weston Friendly Society; Actorsingers in Nashua also did it fairly locally."
Perhaps they can help?

-------------
You may know what you need but to get what you want better see that you keep what you have...

Posted By: TennTeacher
Date Posted: 4/02/08 at 10:49pm
We will have a rose to rent after May 5th, and have a mirror available now.  May have some others.

Date Posted: 4/03/08 at 5:59am
Thank you all for your help.  You've been wonderful!

We have just worked a deal with a school (in our backyard of all places) for their entire set and at a really good price.

Thanks again.

Posted By: superstars
Date Posted: 5/23/08 at 10:12am
TennTeacher,  Do you still have the Rose Dome available for rent?  If so, how much would it be with shipping to zip 01451?  Our show is in late June.  Thanks.

Posted By: lgjones
Date Posted: 2/24/09 at 12:35pm
I am doing props for our High School and am interested in the rose you have. Do you have a picture, does it drop it's petals? I hope you still check this. I know it's a year later. I would be interested to know what other Beauty and the Beast props you might have. This is for the TennTeacher or anybody else who might have some of these props.

-------------
Linda Jones
Columbia High School
East Greenbush, NY

Posted By: dbracewell
Date Posted: 2/24/09 at 1:29pm
Did you find props or create your own?

Date Posted: 2/24/09 at 7:41pm
Still looking for props we can rent or, even better, borrow. What we can't we'll build ourselves.  Our production goes up on April 3. 

-------------
Linda Jones
Columbia High School
East Greenbush, NY

Date Posted: 2/25/09 at 11:10pm
Sorry I haven't posted here in a while, particularly to those who asked questions and their productions have already passed.  Our props were designed by a parent who has her own prop business.  She kept many of them to rent out.  I know she has the mugs and the best rose (works by remote control) I have seen anywhere.  her work is fantastic, and she rents at reasonable prices.  Her email is mailto:adbynum@tds.net - adbynum@tds.net .

Date Posted: 2/25/09 at 11:12pm

Most of our props belong to the designer (see next post), but we still own a beautiful tavern backdrop.  I did not like any available to rent, so the Art Honors Society painted us one.  We rent it for a week at a time (plus shipping time).  It is 17' X 50'   You can contact me at mailto:zachbest@hotmail.com - zachbest@hotmail.com for photos and more info

Posted By: jparks
Date Posted: 3/19/09 at 5:16pm
When does your show open?

jparks@cytchicago.org

Date Posted: 3/19/09 at 8:42pm
Hi - The show goes up on April 3 and we're still looking for a good rose in the bell jar at a reasonable price and maybe a magic mirror. Thank you for your interest.

-------------
Linda Jones
Columbia High School
East Greenbush, NY

Date Posted: 3/29/09 at 4:30pm
For a rose and other props, contact mailto:adbynum@charter.net - adbynum@charter.net     She has the best props at the best prices.

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums version 8.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2006 Web Wiz Guide - http://www.webwizguide.info