Print Page | Close Window

Getting registered for AACT message board

Printed From: Community Theater Green Room
Category: Producing Theater
Forum Name: Acting
Forum Discription: Q&A about auditions, character development and other aspects of the craft
URL: http://www.communitytheater.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2063
Printed Date: 5/18/24 at 5:26pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 8.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Getting registered for AACT message board
Posted By: red diva
Subject: Getting registered for AACT message board
Date Posted: 10/05/06 at 4:15pm

Can anyone help me on this....I have been trying to register for the AACT board and have not been able to do so.  Apparently I am supposed to receive a message with my password at my email address, but have not seen hide nor hair of it!  I tried to register more than a week ago and that should have been plenty of time for the processing procedure.....what, don't they like me?  And they don't even know me yet!!!

Thanks,

red diva

-------------
"I've worked long and hard to earn the right to be called Diva!"

Replies:
Posted By: MartyW
Date Posted: 10/05/06 at 5:15pm
Works as advertised.. Got the email in about two minutes.. Suggest you try again..

-------------
Marty W

"Till next we trod the boards.."

Posted By: B-M-D
Date Posted: 10/05/06 at 6:47pm
Just did it as well.  Could be that your email program may be recognizing the email from AACT as spam.   You may want to check your spam folder if you have one and then set your spam filter to allow email from them.

-------------
BD

"Dying is easy, comedy is hard."

Date Posted: 10/06/06 at 3:43pm

Thanks - will try again.

"red"

-------------

Date Posted: 10/08/06 at 3:37pm
OOOOOOKay....I tried again, and now it says that I am registered, but that my password is invalid.  I checked my saved mail and my spam, and can find no indication that my password was ever sent to me.  I clicked on the "forgot password" button, both a few days ago and then just now, but haven't received any help from that either.  Should I be getting paranoid?

-------------

Date Posted: 10/09/06 at 9:20am
Remember, your not paranoid if every on IS out to get you.... Ok.. Just kidding.. Did you get any kind of "Welcome" email?  It is usually a series of letters and numbers in that email.. Then you have to change ti to something a normal person might be able to remember...  If you clicked on the "forgot" button, it should have generated a new message... mine did.. Good luck..

-------------
Marty W

Date Posted: 10/10/06 at 5:30pm

Nope, none of the above.

So....they really ARE out to get me!

I looked all over what I could access of the AACT website, looking for a way to contact the moderator (or whatever you call him) for help, but couldn't find any way to do so.

And I am SOOOOO anxious to respond to one of the posts I read on their board!

-------------

Posted By: stephen702
Date Posted: 10/13/06 at 10:00am
I just checked with the AACT webmaster, and he said that your user profile had been tagged by their security software as a potential hacker.  He's not sure why.  At any rate, he's removed you from the "suspect" list, with apologies, and asks that you re-register.  He'll keep a lookout for your registration and make sure that you're not removed again through faulty system logic.

Date Posted: 10/13/06 at 10:28am

See Red, they already know at the other board that your trouble...lol.. No kidding, can't wait for your reply to that thread...

-------------
Marty W

Date Posted: 10/13/06 at 4:13pm
Thanks, Stephen702, for checking that out for me.  I did indeed re-register and was able to access the site.

I guess it was the "red" in my name that made them suspect that I was a subversive!

I am now ready to prepare a scathing and factual response to that person that discriminates against users of psychotropic drugs without having any basis in scientific/psychiatric knowledge....and I will cite sources!

-------------

Posted By: castMe
Date Posted: 10/13/06 at 6:20pm
Hey red.  Let me know where in the forum you've posted.  OK?

-------------
Investigate. Imagine. Choose.

Date Posted: 10/15/06 at 5:11pm
castMe:  It'll be under "acting and directing", the thread being "Director's Dilemma".  Don't look for it for a couple of days...it's taking me a while to put my thoughts together without coming across as a hot-head.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/17/06 at 10:23am

EUREKA!!

I thought I had finally gotten registered for the AACT Board, but when I tried to sign in again they rejected me (I can't take rejection!).  Then I registered anew with a different user name and my other email address, and got in!  They like me!  They really like me! (Thank you, Sally Fields).

If you want to respond to my posts, I'm "diva_red" on that Board.

Has anyone else noticed that many of the threads posted here are exactly the same on the AACT message board?  Interesting....are the same people on both boards, or do we universally have the same questions and concerns?

If you don't mind my asking, and with full confidentiality in mind, how many of us are also on the AACT board? 

-------------

Date Posted: 10/17/06 at 2:07pm
Red.. You will find many of the same players on AACT... Most of us can't get enough of this stuff.. Although there are plenty of folks on both boards who are one board only... Thats why when I have a question, I will frequently post on both boards for as much possible feedback as I can get..

-------------
Marty W

Date Posted: 10/17/06 at 5:54pm

CastMe and Marty:  just wanted you to know that I did indeed post that response to Musical on the AACT Board regarding not casting people on psychotropic drugs.  It came out quite a bit milder than I thought it might, but I hope I made my point anyway.

It's on Acting/Directing, Director's Dilemma.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/24/06 at 5:31pm

OOOOOKKKAYYYY.....I thought AGAIN that I had successfully registered, had even logged in quite a few times, and made several postings.  Now the AACT Board is telling me that my user name, diva_red, does not exist.  When I tried to re-register, I was told that someone with my email address was already registered.  When I visited the site a little while ago, all my past posts have "guest" printed under my name!  What happened to my star and AACT Newbie billing?  Have I been drummed out of the corps for some reason?

HELLLLLLPP!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums version 8.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2006 Web Wiz Guide - http://www.webwizguide.info